jps jps is offline

Default The First 100 Days...

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:54:24 -0400, HK wrote:

I can understand your concerns. They concern me, too. The problem is, to
me a least, that the last president too long ignored the real needs of
this country while pumping billions and trillions into wasteful
expenditures that fueled warmongering.

The GOP seems unable to find a reasonable and responsible direction and
become the loyal opposition with plans and programs of its own to help
solve the horrific problems we have. Saying NO to just about everything,
chasing out elected Republican officials, and name-calling the two
Republican Senators from Maine makes me wonder if the GOP cares about
anything real.

From your lips to the Governor of Utah. Who'd have thought...

In an interview with ABC News, Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman (R) blasted
Republicans in Congress for not engaging with President Obama.

Said Huntsman: "You can't just say no. You can't just obstruct or
obfuscate. Instead of just kind of grousing and complaining, it would
do us all a whole lot of good if we actually started engaging directly
in finding compromises and common ground and shared solutions... When
you are devoid of the ideas, or the content that would allow you to
articulate or paint a better future, you have no choice other than to
fall back on 'no, we are not going support it, it cannot be done."

It seems Huntsman is intent on positioning himself as a possible
moderate Republican candidate for president in 2012.