HK HK is offline

Default Arlen Specter to switch political parties

jps wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:03:28 -0400, HK wrote:

wrote:

As opposed to a criminal congress bought and paid for by big
corporations like GE and lazy union bitches... I guess your ideal
government is one that doesn't reach across the isle, do business in
the open, or allow free speech... America as we know it is ****ed.
Time to stock up on ammo...

What are you going to do with the ammo? If you fill out the federal form
honestly, you won't be able to buy a handgun.

This is just the sort of imbalanced jerk that psychological tests for
gun ownership should ferret out as a threat to himself and others.

Unfortunately, there is no psychological testing for suitability to buy
a firearm. There is a short federal form and in Maryland another form,
and there are a couple of questions through which one is supposed to
reveal any emotional disorder/domestic violence/felony background.

In Maryland, the state imposes a 10-day waiting period for handguns, but
there is no waiting period for long guns or shotguns.

In other states, like Virginia, there is the infamous "gun show
loophole," through which any private seller can, without an exchange of
any paperwork, sell a firearm to nutcases like JustHate.

I would support a genuine psychological test for anyone who wants to buy
a firearm, and also some sort of license that could be yanked
permanently or temporarily in case of conviction for a violent
misdemeanor or felony, or in case of onset of certain psychological
disorders. A yanked license would of course mean the sale within 30 days
of any operable firearms the license holder has in possession.

I appreciate the fact that I live in a state that is fairly strict about
possession of firearms. I have a couple of concealed carry permits. The
one I have from my home state required the jumping through of a number
of difficult hoops. One of my others required nothing more than the
payment of a fee and the ability to fog a mirror.