HK HK is offline

Default Arlen Specter to switch political parties

jps wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:18:56 -0400, HK wrote:

I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary.

Didn't see your post or read his statement before I posted. This is
really something. No histrionics, no Joe Lieberman double dealing.

The right is more marginalized while the country shifts left.

Indeed. There were rumors for many months that Specter might have
dropped the GOP to become an Independent, but it's the smart move for
him to move over the the Democratic column, and work with the more
conservative Democratic senators.

The guy is 79 and has been fighting cancer for a long time. It's unclear
whether he'll actually run again in 2010, but if he does, I think he
would win as a Democrat, and if he doesn't run, there will be a strong
Democratic candidate running.

And Arlen makes 59...