Parallax

Default Haulin' A** nchor

ospam (TobagoFlyr) wrote in message ...
This is one of the most dangerous ideas I have seen in a while on this
newsgroup.

I agree, except maybe for the portable generator mounted in the engine room.

The best big money I ever spent on my boat was for a windless. Even my wife
agrees.
Ted Edwards
Chatham Bound

Bruce:

Same thing could happen if you were pullin up the anchor by hand or
even with a windlass. In fact, windlasses I have seen are damned
slow.

My real intention was to break the anchor the last few feet when it is
really stuck. I rarely anchor by other ppl anyway.

What happens if Bruce's windlass fuse blows ath a critical moment? My
system aint got any fuses so seems more reliable. I dont consider a
windlass to be proper equipment, its just another gadget waitin to
fail.