Larry W4CSC

Default Electric motor to power a dinghy

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:27:19 GMT, (Larry W4CSC) wrote:

The trolling motor battery is more hassle and WEIGHS MUCH MORE than a
little outboard. Then there's the 14 hour battery charging every
time you use it. What? You got no AC out in your anchorage to charge
the battery? Neither does the dingy dock...dammit.

Guess I'll have to eat my sneaker on this post.......(c;

I bought a 75AH "trolling" deep cycle battery from Wally World for
$39, today, to go with the $12 MinnKota I found at a local thrift shop
that is in new condition and looks like it was never used. I still
have to pay SC's DNR $40 to register the little plastic dink, even
with only electric power....(sigh)

I found out the dink IS exempt from personal property tax because she
couldn't find it on the books down there when I was in the office....a
relief.

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?