Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] is offline

Default Engine driven AC generator

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:03:15 -0500, lid wrote:

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 00:35:14 -0700 (PDT), "Capt.Bill" wrote:
It's driving me nuts, because I remember seeing and reading about this
thing in the past. But for the life of me I can't think of the name of
it. It ran off the main engine to give you 120v power while you were
underway. It may have been a high output DC alternator coupled with an
inverter to give you sable power at varying RPMs. Or you may have had
to run at a consistant RPM. I just can't recall the details.

I think that you are talking about a modification to a conventional
auto alternator that provided 110 VAC. I remember them also.

As far as I remember they just bypassed the normal diodes in the
alternator and you controlled the engine RPM to get 60 H. I also don't
remember that they were very popular.

What is it that you are trying to do?

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok