[email protected] PhantMan@nospam.invalid is offline

Default Engine driven AC generator

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 00:35:14 -0700 (PDT), "Capt.Bill" wrote:
It's driving me nuts, because I remember seeing and reading about this
thing in the past. But for the life of me I can't think of the name of
it. It ran off the main engine to give you 120v power while you were
underway. It may have been a high output DC alternator coupled with an
inverter to give you sable power at varying RPMs. Or you may have had
to run at a consistant RPM. I just can't recall the details.

Are you thinking of the Yanmar flywheel generator??
It's driven by the main engine. In fact, it bolts onto the back of the
engine between the bellhousing and the gearbox, thus becomng part of
the drive train.
Here's a link to some info, see if this rings a bell::
http://www.boatingoz.com.au/default....ws%2F13034%2F0

Rick .