posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bjarke M. Christensen Bjarke M. Christensen is offline

Default Raymarine S1/ST6002 and NMEA

Anyway... it indicates that I should opt for feeding the NMEA to the S1 even
if the GPS is next to the ST6002. But's it's OK. I will need to bring the
NMEA signal back to the main wiring closet for other purposes anyway.

Thanks for your input.

--
Maxi 999 - 'Escape' - Hundige

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
Rick Morel wrote in
news
My experience with Raymarine, about 10 years, has always been that
NMEA data fed in will propagate along the Seatalk as well.

Rick Morel

I also thought this, but was told by an electronics installer that the
st600x displays don't translate the NMEA data into SeaTalk. They only
display it. The course computer does provide the translation. I have no
direct experience with this, so I'd be interested in having this info
verified.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org