posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.martial-arts,rec.boats,rec.sport.golf,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
thunder thunder is offline

Default Scary Info. From a PhD. On Deadly Swine Flu Outbreak, IllegalMexican Aliens & Epidemics

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:57:08 +0000, Tom G wrote:

History repeats itself....isn't this partly how we wiped out the
American Indians to make room for the European Invaders (Pilgrims,
etc.) Of course, I'm being a little sarcastic here as I doubt this
could be as bad as Smallpox was in the 17th and 18th centuries.

Tom G.

It *could* be catastrophic. Worldwide, the 1918 flu pandemic killed
twice as many people as did WWI, but put aside the deaths, imagine the
economic disaster. If only 10% of the population became ill, which is
not all that unlikely if this takes off, hospitals, police, and firemen,
wouldn't be able to cope. Schools and workplaces would be shut down.
I'm not saying it will, I'm saying it could get quite uncomfortable.