Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Armond Perretta doesn't understand percentages.

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:51:05 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

It's obvious that poor Armond doesn't understand percentages.

He seems to think that diluting his bottom paint with solvent (thinner) is
going to result in the percentage of copper when the paint is dry to be less
than it would be if he had not thinned it.

Wrong! As a percentage of the wet paint, of course, the amount of copper
will be a smaller percent. But, when the paint dries and the solvent
evaporates from it the percentage of copper will then be the same as it was
before he added the thinner. In other words not to worry, Armond.

Wilbur Hubbard

You're sounding like an Irish Traveler driveway sealer.
Scam talk. Since he's spreading it farther your argument is
meaningless.
Armond will find out if thinning works.
There may very well be a "cushion" in the paint's essentials that
he doesn't *effectively* diminish by thinning.
And maybe not.
Dicey, and I wouldn't do it because the labor possibly lost exceeds
the money saved.
Unless I was "experimenting." Which is what he's doing.

--Vic