posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bjarke M. Christensen Bjarke M. Christensen is offline

Default Raymarine S1/ST6002 and NMEA

The manual gives a fine list of sentences supported, but it say "on the S1
computer". There not a single word on the capabilities of the st6002 input

Bjarke

--
Maxi 999 - 'Escape' - Hundige

"Geoff Schultz" wrote in message
.. .
"Bjarke M. Christensen" Bjarke(snabel-a)grevestrand(punkt)dk wrote in
:

Just got a S1 wheelpilot for my ship. Trying to plan the connections
to the other instruments

The S1 computer has got NMEA input and output, but there is also an
input on the back of the ST6002 control head.

Whats the difference between these two inputs ? If any ?? Can I use
both and maybe eliminate the need for a NMEA mux ?

Bjarke

I have a ST6001, and it handles the following sentences:

Information NMEA 0183 data
Course Over Ground VTG, RMC, RMA
Speed Over Ground VTG, RMC, RMA
Cross Track Error APB, APA, RMB, XTE
Bearing to Waypoint APB, BWR, BWC, RMB
Distance to Waypoint BWR, BWC, RMB
Waypoint Number APB, APA, BWR, BWC, RMB
Apparent Wind Speed VWR
Apparent Wind Angle VWR, MWV
Speed Through Water VHW
Depth DBT
Water Temperature MTW

Note: The ST6001+ only decodes the last four characters of waypoint names.
This means that the last four characters of long waypoint names must be
unique for the waypoint advance function to work.

I had hoped to use the ST6001 NMEA input to connect an NMEA based GPS
receiver, but it doesn't handle the GGA, GLL, GSA or GSL sentences...

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org