John Tretick

Default I need DC and AC power source .

Thanks for all of the replies on this topic. I think I'll just get a small
inverter and plug it into the
12VDC outlet in the cabin and be happy with that for now. It will suffice
to inflate the tube, and run other things
when I anchor out next season.

Thanks,

John

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
Frank Taylor, Jr. wrote:

If you go to www.hilltoprv.net, you will see that they have all kinds of

12V
appliances for boats and RV's including a 12V DC hair dryer that uses

only
168 watts.

It never ceases to amaze me that people want hair dryers on a boat. Few
appliances are as useless as that. Even my wife's lush mop dries quite
quickly when exposed to a moderate breeze & sun and she's recognized
that other women PAY to get what amounts to the "boat" look. Those days
she cares about looking exactly right, we're at a dock anyway, so we
have direct 110.

The original poster had a 24' boat and didn't think he had enough room
for a generator. Doubt he'll have the room for adequate batteries to
support inverter AC at the required levels. Personally, if we 'required'
all those goodies, I'd put a Honda 2000i (or whatever the designation of
the previously mentioned unit) on the back and be done with it.

If I had to persuade my wife or s/o that boating was fun and hairdryers
and such were important to her, I'd do marina hopping first and
increasingly mix anchoring out to get her used to the idea that she
doesn't have to work hard to be absolutely gorgeous.

--
Jere Lull