Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default labels

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Capt. JG wrote:
Do any of use labels for items like mainsheet, traveller, etc.? I find
that when I'm teaching it's easier for beginning students to get a clew
if they can read what's in front of them. I've been using my old Brother
P-touch, but the labels fade pretty quickly. Suggestions welcome.

Jonathan

On my new boat, the jib sheets are the same color - and so is the main
sheet!

D wanted me to replace them all with different colored ones like we had on
the 18 so she could quickly find the right line.

While labels and colors may be helpful at first, I wonder if, in the end,
the
practice is more restrictive than helpful.

I think you're right that in the end labels are more restrictive if one
relies on them... sometimes labels are wrong. :-)

I think colored lines are worth doing... it reinforces the right thing, but
again, they need to be confirmed to actually mean something.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com