Chuck Bollinger

Default Electric motor to power a dinghy

anonymous wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 02:45:00 GMT, "Don White"
said:

I'd go with a nice little 4 stroke Honda or Yamaha outboard.

When his primary concern is weight? Is there some advance in 4 stroke
technology of which we're unaware?

Perhaps, but you should be. The 2- stroke has, for some time, been known to be
very polluting. There is a push to go to 4-stroke, and I think California has
passed some regulation in that regard.

Our daughter is a card-carrying NOAA tree-hugger. I would not be able to
conceal buying (or even continuing to use) a 2-stroke, and yes, I *am* afraid of
her! (:=D