posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default UIRED

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:33:24 GMT, Bruce in alaska
wrote:

Ok, well it seems that the FCC has AMENDED the Towing Requirement
to vessels over 7.8 Meters (26 Feet), since I last dealt with it.
So, it wouldn't apply to Water skiers anymore, OR smaller sailing
or power vessels. Thanks for making mew go back and look it up....

47CFR80 SubPart U .......

I'm sure the original intent was for commercial tow boat operators but
that is not stated in the regs. My reading of Subpart U is that you
could be in compliance with a hand held VHF tuned to channel 13.