posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bruce in alaska Bruce in alaska is offline

Default UIRED

In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:05:42 GMT, Bruce in alaska
wrote:

Another NOTE here, If you should take another "Object" in
Tow, you are also REQUIRED, to comply with the Bridge to Bridge
Radiotelephone Act, NO Matter what your vessel Length is, Period.

I suppose "object" could be interpreted to be a dinghy.

That would put a *lot* of people in violation.

What is the CFR # on that?

Ok, well it seems that the FCC has AMENDED the Towing Requirement
to vessels over 7.8 Meters (26 Feet), since I last dealt with it.
So, it wouldn't apply to Water skiers anymore, OR smaller sailing
or power vessels. Thanks for making mew go back and look it up....

47CFR80 SubPart U .......

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply