Larry Larry is offline

Default Batteries, again, sorry

Mark Borgerson wrote in
g:

Neither RO filters nor distillation are particularly effective in
removing metal ions if you then use metal pipes or containers for the
reulting water.

To get lab quality water generally requires double distillation
and deionization.

For drinking water made from seawater, RO filters may result in
a few parts per thousand of sodium and chlorine and a few hundred
parts per billion of heavier metals. This is probably comparable
to still that you will find on a boat---but the RO filter will
be a lot more energy efficient.

Mark Borgerson

You don't need lab quality water for batteries, just water free of
anything that combines with sulphuric acid to form salts, using up the
acid in the cells. However, my water made with this:

http://www.waterwise.com/productcart...p?idproduct=24

I have two. They had a slew of bad clixon thermostats so I bought them
broken for nothing and repaired. The boiler seals are also bad. I
replaced the stupid seals with neoprene fuel hose made into a
"pressurizing O-ring" with a plastic nipple to hold the ends tight.
When the heat hits it, the air inside the hose expands and you can't get
the lid off before it cools...(c;]

Condensed in stainless steel tubing and collected through activated
carbon to eliminate distillates of mostly benzene and hexane, the water
will not conduct electricity at 2000VDC. The meter doesn't even wiggle.
The only thing in my lab report was a part per billion polycarbonate
from the collector. I store in glass.

You never had a better drink of water than I make....one drop at a time.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?