Larry Larry is offline

Default Batteries, again, sorry

Len wrote in news:9eaf72c3-93ef-4f82-a35f-
:

On 17 apr, 23:16, Larry wrote:

USE ONLY PURE DISTILLED, NOT DEMINERALIZED, WATER! *

I use water produced by my watermaker from drinking
water that also was produced by my watermaker.
When I put my TDS meter in it, it shows less than 100 ppm.
What do you think of that?

Len.

I'm not really sure RO water is chemically pure enough for battery
chemistry. Anything left through the membrane that reacts with acid will
eat the acid in the battery. Distilled water run through an activated
carbon column is so pure here it will not conduct electricity. Water is an
insulator. At a UHF TV station that's using water-cooled klystrons,
there's 18,500VDC on the collector boiling gallons/min of distilled water.
Current is minimal.

It would seem to me RO would pass dissolved metals the battery doesn't want
poured into it....but it's better than tap water, I suppose.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?