Larry Larry is offline

Default Batteries, again, sorry

"Flying Pig" wrote in news:gsb96s$bp9$1
@news.motzarella.org:

What is the recommended, real-world cycle? That is, how low do you

50%.....run them from 50% to 95% charge. Mine are 8 years old in an old
stepvan running like that. The shop runs on them all day. L16H is a great
power source very cheap!

USE ONLY PURE DISTILLED, NOT DEMINERALIZED, WATER! The dissolved iron and
calcium in common water simply consume the acid and plate the lead with
crap. There's plenty of iron and other odd metals built into the plates to
do that for you....especially in a battery THIS cheap. No need to add to
the problem not using real distilled pure water to top off at REGULAR
intervals....not like most boaters when the lights get dim...(c;]

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?