posted to rec.boats.electronics
Larry Larry is offline

Default UIRED

Bruce in alaska wrote in news:fast-A25A3C.09460817042009
@netnews.worldnet.att.net:

Up here in the North Pacific, we set the MF/HF Radio on 4125.0 Khz
while underway. This is the Primary for USCG Kodiak, which is the Primary
for the North Pacific. 2182.0 Khz has been useless since the inception
of modern SSB Radio's were fitted in the early 70's. It is so bad that
USCG CommSta's rarely even have a working receiver on that frequency,
because of lack of parts for the radios. Our NOAA HF Wx Stations use

Somebody needs to CHANGE THE RULES.....that knows something about it, this
time, not those stupid assed FCC lawyers that sit in the chairs the
engineers used to occupy, now.

2-3 Mhz should be given back to the hams as it IS pretty useless for
emergency comms. But, alas, you know how SLOW the big elephant in the room
is to react to anything like REALITY.....

I was simply amazed when ITU let European hams back on 7.1-7.2 Mhz....25
years after the broadcasters left for all the US ham noise.

Larry

I've decided to worship Thor. My god has a hammer and isn't
afraid to use it. Your god is a pacifist who got nailed to a
tree.

Any questions?