Martin[_4_] Martin[_4_] is offline

Default Pirate Rifles

cavelamb wrote:
Gogarty wrote:
In article lutions,
lid says...
"Joe" wrote in message

I heard on ABC news that the Navy Seals used "Gyro Stabalized" rifles
to take out the pirates.

I've never seen such a rifle..anyone know what she was talking about?

It was either the best shots on earth, or we have not heard the whole
story of the Pirate shots.

What is the best Pirate killing rifle?

Joe

I heard the same thing on ABC... interesting.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Have not heard of this before but if you can have gyro-stabilized
binoculars I would think gyro-stabilizsing a large weapon would be a
simple problem.

I think you thought wrong on this one G.

Gyro stabilizing binocs involves movinh a tiny mirror.
A gyro stabilized gun would be a massively different thing.

Richard

No, they had gyro_stabilized binoculars in the sixties that used a pair
of gyros to stabilize the whole shebang, there was was a cylindrical box
about as big as the binocs two which a standard pair of binoculars was
attached.

Modern techniques use either a small mirror or move the prisms....

Cheers
Martin