Doug Dotson

Default Non-stop battery charging

At least you got the bottom line. Not sure what you mean about the 20th
century method. I didn't think that the Freedom line existed in 1994. I
assumed it is the same unit we have which is only 3 years old.

Doug

"Dick Locke" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 21:54:38 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

We have the exact same Heart unit in our marine canvas
bus. It has never acted as you describe. A call to
Xantrex is cheap. They can give you the correct answer
with no doubt rather than the specuations you will get
otherwise.

Doug

OK, I used the 20th century method and spent a half-hour on the phone.

This was a "situation" they corrected with a software revision soon
after they built my unit in 1994. It needs either a new PLCC chip that
Heart doesn't have any more or a new $300 controller board. I've got a
local service guy looking for the chip. He says he can't get the
board.

When inventorying the boat I found two pieces of 2x4 that had written
on them "Do not throw these away. Needed for installing Heart
Interface." If I have to take the unit out, it could get interesting.

Thanks for the theories and advice, everyone.