Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default small hull patch

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 10:21:17 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

I've seen fiberglass water tank sides bulging from
the weight of the water in the tank.

There was a rectangular part of a locomotive boiler, surrounding the
grate. There were bolts from side to side to keep the flat sides from
bulging. To digress, we took the train from NYC to Iowa, we saw a few
steam locomotives derelict in yards. You would have thought they would
have been scrapped, but no, just abandoned like an old car in the
weeds behind a farmers barn.

Casady