Jeff Jeff is offline

Default small hull patch

Last fall I drilled several small holes, about 1/4 inch, into the
hollow, sacrificial keels of my cat. I was exploring for water which
has been known to get into the keels, but found none.

Now I have to patch the holes. I know I have grind them out a bit, and
take the paint off nearby, but I wondering if anyone has a suggestion as
to the best way to seal the holes: epoxy, polyester, or something else.
I think they're too small to bother with glass, but its not out of the
question.

BTW, one of the sisterships that did find water epoxied in air
compressor nozzles so that keels could be pressurized to find the leaks,
which were at the seam with the main hulls. The nozzles were then
replaced with drain plugs. Since I had no intrusion, I don't need to
get that fancy.