[email protected] threepontoon@live.com is offline

Default Sheriff says concealed carry law is helping

On Apr 14, 2:48*pm, jps wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:55:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
LIberals have steered society into losing the moral and family values
that would otherwise stop a sane person from randomly using a weapon
against others.

Wow. *Care to explain?

Are you saying that the conservatives are the ones that champion
single parent families (that produce 80% of the violent criminals),
favor leiniency on criminals, are anti-christian and family values,
protected the Fannie / Freddie fiasco that has stripped many hard
working folks of their homes and de-stabilized our economy, and have
generally chipped away at the moral fabric of our country for the last
50 years? *Of course not, that would be the liberals.

Did you hear Diane Feinstein tell 60 minutes that the NRA has most of
congress in their pocket?

With you as the judge? *I can handle that.

Excuse me, but the "conservatives" are who favor jails over treatment,
police over job training, the ability to discriminate over the need to
create opportunity.

Your kind want to deal with the problems your shortsightedness creates
rather than building a society that would minimize the problems.

Yes, liberals "champion" single parent families as if we want more of
them... How the hell does your brain make that connection?

Liberals have a history of looking after clean water, clean air, car
safety, work safety, equality between races, sexes, religions,
collective bargaining so workers aren't slaves, child labor laws -
true conservatism as in let's not plunder and spoil our environment
and resources in pursuit of money.

You'd happily throw that away and live in a cancerous sewer if your
house could be bigger and you could drive a nicer car? *What's the
upside for you?

Do you think being a single parent is a curse? *The fault of the
single parent?

Is this code for single black inner city mother who makes babies in
order to increase her welfare payments so she can afford a Caddy?

Do you consider yourself a Christian?

The trouble with your thinking is that it's so damned simple. *Complex
problems aren't reducible to simple, bumper sticker solutions as your
lot favors.

Heh, heh... You're so inflamed, you snipped too much of the original
post so that yours has no reference to make sense, and you posted
twice. Hilarious.

Wipe the spittle off the screen, and try to understand:

Using statements like "your type" is a vain attempt to lump me into a
fictitious group of people that only exists in your mind.
Conservatives, like liberals, run a wide variety of beliefs, and even
have shared beliefs between the two groups. Once you get out of the
simple mindset you're carrying, you might see shade of grey, instead
of black and white. You act as if this is a team sporting event.

You know very little of what I believe, or what positions I hold
concerning many of the issues you list. I've simply provided
counterpoint to your bumper sticker beliefs that guns are bad. You've
gone on a rampage here in a boating NG trying to stir up debate, then
if anyone dares to provide a counterpoint, you call them a
conservative and "your type". That's a weak strategy.

I don't speak in code. That seems to be your pot of tea. I do wonder
why you picked the example you did... projecting a bit?

Am I a christian? Why would it matter to you, or to this issue? Are
you biggoted against christians, and are just looking for a point to
attack?

Bottom line is, there is overwhelming evidence that a child raised in
a home with both a man and a woman as parents, rooted in a religious
belief system, produces the best chance for a well adjusted, law
abiding, sucessful and non-violent adult. The liberal movement has
been the single most enabling element to move our society away from
this norm over the last 50 years.

The liberals most certainly created this mess, and try to bumper
sticker their way out of it. "It Takes a Village to Raise a Child".
BS. It takes a family, with both parents, male and female, and a
solid set of moral values and influences to raise a child. Government
can not do it, it is the most corrupt thing, on BOTH sides of the
aisle, that I can think of. I suspect that is our biggest difference
of opinion.

The liberal movement and Hollywood have done more damage to our
society than conservatives could ever do. Now that "your type" has
unleashed the beast, you're just trying to limit the amount of damage
it can do. All the while sitting back and blaming everyone else but
yourselves. Typical liberal.

Chew on that, then post away. I'm done.