Joe Joe is offline

Default Atkins & Hoyle Ltd.

On Apr 7, 8:25*pm, "Atkins & Hoyle Ltd. - #1 Davits, Cranes, Hatches,
Ports, Hardtops" wrote:
On Apr 7, 7:18*pm, Joe wrote:

On Apr 7, 5:27*pm, Vic Smith wrote:

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:47:59 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:18:31 -0700 (PDT), Joe
wrote:

Greetings Ben,

Thanks for posting your link to boat related products. It's refreshing
someone willing to go on a public forum and talk about his products.

It's amazing how many ignore purse,and tennis shoes spam, but jump on
anyone with a boat related product.

You noticed that too?
We both must like coffee keeping our eyes open.

--Vic

For my own part, I assume that those spamming purses, tennis shoes and
Genuine Rolex Copies, etc., won't be back to read any replies or
complaints -- so why bother?

That's true. *I was really addressing Joe's first sentence.
Manufacturers can give good insights into their products.
Seen it on web forums.
Nobody has to take what they say as gospel.
They do open themselves to abuse here, and have to be careful how they
react - in the interest of the company they represent.
The larger point to me is if they show up they should be engaged as
you would engage them face-to-face.
No sense chasing them out when they can contribute knowledge.
Somebody mentioned Peggy Hall as an example.
I tend to take that tack.
This place is often a swamp, and if the water is cleared a bit I won't
complain that the clearing tool has a label on it.

--Vic

--Vic- Hide quoted text -

Well said Vic,

*Ben's been in the biz all his life, and could bring a wealth of
Nautical knowledge to this place.

*I have a few questions I'd like to ask concerning ports I bet he
could answer.

Like... why are only one or two outfits making nice bronze ports? With
the sky high prices these people charge there seems to be room for
more vendors. I bet Ben has a dozen old molds his dad used in WWII
just laying around un-used.

Joe

Thank you Joe and Vic. I hope people can see the difference between
faceless spamming and an honest effort to engage with the consumer.

Joe, all those patterns are used today. Everything we cast is
Almag-35, an aluminum-magnesium alloy. We used to cast in bronze but
it became more expensive with more stringent environmental
regulations. From our perspective, the market for cast bronze ports is
very small, as we usually deal with individual clients instead of boat
builders these days. In my opinion, cast Almag is actually a superior
material to use for the majority of situations.

Ben Atkins
Atkins & Hoyle Ltd.www.atkinshoyle.com- Hide quoted text -

Figures, regulations seem to stymie many good things.
Almag may be a superior product due to cost/profit but for lifetime,
strength and good looks I perfer Bronze.

So Ben, Jeff's a pretty sharp sailor, I doubt he would fib on your
davit being flawed I hope you contacted him and offered to pay for the
flaw. And now RingMaster is having problems getting parts.

Whats the deal? Do you stand behind your products, and your statement
to have parts or not?

Joe
Potential Customer