BAR[_2_] BAR[_2_] is offline

Default "I think I killed somebody"

jps wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:06:14 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 17:15:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Apr 13, 7:32 pm, jps wrote:
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:21:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Apr 13, 6:50 pm, jps whined:
As in the first trial, they presented testimony from five women who
told of being threatened by a drunken Spector, even held hostage in
his home, with a gun pointed at them and threats of death if they
tried to leave. The parallels with the night Clarkson died were
chilling even if the stories were very old - 31 years in one
instance.
Too bad the police didn't o their job over that 31 year period. But
hey, maybe if he just didn't have a gun! Oh, wait...
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Police in Indianapolis say a 69-year-old man is
the second person to die of injuries suffered in a sword fight with a
younger relative.
Yes, swords accounted for an extraordinary number of suicides and
murders over the last several decades. In the US, I'd bet the number
exceeds several dozen.
Earth to jps... people have been murdering and committing suicide long
before firearms ever existed. Bad, and disturbed people have existed
since the beginning of time, and have used whatever weapons were
available to them. That's my point, but you're too dense to pick up
on it.

Of course, liberals are the cause of the problem. Those single parent
families you champion? They are the source of over 80% of the people
in prison for violent crime. Your liberal "values" have so screwed up
society, that you now feel you have to totally disarm them to keep
them from killing each other, and you. Where does it all end?
Sitting in some little climate controlled room, waiting for the
government to dole out today's portion of soylent green? That's a
liberal's wet dream... for everyone else but yourself, of course.

You've again grown quite tiresome, and are changing no one's mind.
Now tell us about your boat, or go take a long walk... on a short
pier. Go play in the park, after dark. In other words, **** off.

Just Plain Stupid, indeed. :-)
You cannot fathom that a gun is a far more efficient tool to a sword?
How about a V8 vs. an oar? Make any sense? Think the V8 might get
you there faster?

You think if guns hadn't been invented that swords, rope, pencils,
high buiildings and bicyles would account for 15,000 murders and an
equal number of suicides per year?

If your answer is yes then I suggest your brain is fried and you look
into any science that'd regenerate some of the synapses that you've
either lost or had never formed.

I don't champion single parent families although I do feel for them.
You've put words into my mouth which is standard for not being able to
articulate an argument.

Where it ends is with you sitting in your media room realizing the
world has gone to ****, putting a shiny weapon in your mouth and
joining the 55% of suicides by firearm.

I'll live with life's challenges without the false comforts of a gun
that pussies like you require.

Probably having guns available causes a lot less deaths to happen annually
than without guns. When there were a lot less people, and the kings and
feudal rulers were about, there lots of deaths by hacking and hewing.
Percentage wise a lot more than we now have via guns.

If you want to drift back to the middle ages I can see your point. It
was an ugly period and life wasn't worth a whole lot if you were in
someone's way.

I would hope you agree the human race has progressed some since then.

The only thing that has changed has been efficiency.