DSK

Default What should I pay for this boat?

RichH wrote:

That you denote yourself as "a novice" is probably reason to Stay Away
from such a 'project' boat.
Just ask yourself the following question: Do I want to spend LOTS of
TIME and perhaps a LOT of money in such a restoration OR do I want to
go sailing?

I liked the advice given by a former regular contributor here, Fishmeal:

"If you find yourself seriously contemplating buying an old wooden boat & restoring it, first go and get a rubber mallet like the surveyors use.
Then whack yourself over the head with it, and ask yourself 'Do I still want to buy the boat?' Repeat as necessary."

As much as I admire the boats & the people who do it, it's special kind of purgatory to own an old classic and restore and/or keep her sailing.
Been there, done that....

Fresh Breezes- Doug King