Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Grand Bahama Western End advice needed

Grand Bahama Western End advice needed

We're going to be staging for our jump from the Bahamas to Saint Simons
Island from the western end of Grand Bahama.

A: One of our contacts along the way in the Bahamas had told us of a very
sheltered small anchorage near West End, but we didn't write down the name,
and can't be sure we're seeing it on the charts. We aren't marina pocketed,
so it will be anchoring out.

B: In the western end of GBI, are there provisioning and other niceties
available reasonably easily (walking, or other close-to-anchoring/dinghy
docking)?

Experienced advice on both of those would be appreciated.

Thanks.

L8R

Skip and crew, lying Warderick Wells, Exuma, soon to jump off for either the
Berries or western GBI

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are
quite alone on a wide, wide sea, it is apt to occur to you that in the
general scheme of things you are merely an insignificant speck on the
surface of the ocean; and are not nearly so important or as self-sufficient
as you thought you were. Which is an exceedingly wholesome thought, and one
that may effect a permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly
appreciated by your friends."- James S. Pitkin