posted to alt.sailing
Aleck Poole Aleck Poole is offline

Default Tracing a pattern?

The answer is to use a Joggle Stick. I've used this method of working for
bulkheads and seat cushion plans. I've just searched for a good site
showing the method of use on Google and selected this one to save me writing
a long description. If your points are many and your joggle stick 'teeth'
too similar then it helps to add a number on each tooth and write them on
the traced patterns...Success to you. Good Luck. regards, Winch_handle
You may need to copy and paste this into your browser.
http://www.builderbill-diy-help.com/joggle-stick.html

"Uncle Bob" wrote in message
I'm putting in a bulkhead in a gutted power boat. I'm looking for info
on how to trace the curved surface of the hull vertically with the
chines etc so I get a close fit with the bulkhead material. If anyone
know any tips tricks or tutorials please let me know. Thanks