posted to rec.boats.building
Heikki Heikki is offline

Default Mixing *Really* Small Batches Of Resin?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

Mixing up, say, an ounce or less of resin and getting the
resin/catalyst ratio right (especially with epoxy) escapes me....
so I waste a lot of resin.

Anybody got a system?

I am just starting to play with epoxy, in small repair jobs. I went to the
local pharmacist and bought a couple of syringes. 5 ml for the resin and 1
ml for the hardener. With these I have been able to mix 1 ml at a time. Not
sure how precise it has been, but it seems to work all right. The 1 ml
syringe has marks at 0.1 ml intervals, so it is easy to get the 0.2 ml
hardener I need for 1 ml of resin.

- Heikki