posted to rec.boats.building
Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Mixing *Really* Small Batches Of Resin?

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 20:35:03 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Most of my glass work is small ding patches.

Mixing up, say, an ounce or less of resin and getting the
resin/catalyst ratio right (especially with epoxy) escapes me....
so I waste a lot of resin.

Anybody got a system?

For polyester, I'd think it would be counting drops of catalyst
into some amount of resin that's easy to pre-measure.... like
maybe a rounded tablespoonful or some standard-sized very small
paper cupful.

For epoxy, the hardener I have doesn't drip so well...

Anybody got a system?

Use a scale. Most resin/hardener mixes are stated in weights as well
as volumes and you can easily find a scale in 1/10th of grams.

My own experience is that volume measurements in small quantities
aren't sufficiently accurate, or easy to duplicate.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)