Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Americans take ship back!

They apparently disabled the ship, presumably in a way that did not
encourage the pirates to sacrifice a crewman as an incentive to fix it
up again. With US warships heading for the area, not to mention
visitations by missile packing drones, they headed out with the Captain.

Brian W

Martin wrote:

I heard this story break on the BBC World service early this morning,
that Somali pirates had hijacked a US flagged container ship and after a
battle lasting several hours had taken the ship,,,

Then on the way home this afternoon I hear on NPR that the American crew
had taken the ship back, but not the captain...

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D97EG5800.html

I wonder what happened, did the Americans, sick of terrorist jerks
taking whatever they want say "Enough, we're not going to roll over like
a bunch of underpaid Filipinos." "We're UNION, and no non-union crew is
gonna run this boat" :-)

Cheers
Martin