Default Engine driven AC generator

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote:

I only remember the adverts in magazines. Never actually saw one.
With
today's electronics I think it would be easier just to run an
inverter.

Alternator output is rectified AC, not pure DC, which is NBD if you
have a storage battery connected since it absorbs the ripple as well
as functioning as a humongous capacitor.

Not sure if today's inverter can accept rectified AC or do they
require pure DC.

In any event, having a storage battery in the system makes life easy.

Lew