Capt.Bill Capt.Bill is offline

Default Engine driven AC generator

On Apr 7, 8:17*pm, Bruce In Bangkok wrote:
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:06:28 -0700 (PDT), "Capt.Bill"

wrote:
On Apr 6, 7:00 pm, "David Martel" wrote:
Capt. Bill,

http://www.seafrost.com/andmoney others were easy to google. You know
your boat and whether you can fit the equipment in.

Dave M.

Your right Dave. If I had been looking for engine driven aircon or
refrigeration systems they are easy to Google up.

But I'm not looking for those. I'm looking for an engine driven AC
current generating system.

There was/is at least one company that made/makes one. I just can't
recall their name or find them on the web so far.

Perhaps you'll be able to easily Google that info up.

Years ago there was someone offering a modification for a normal auto
alternator. Essentially to remove the diodes and use it as an A.C.
alternator.

Is this the type of devise that you are looking for?

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)- Hide quoted text -

No, not really Bruce. But thanks for playing. :-)

It's driving me nuts, because I remember seeing and reading about this
thing in the past. But for the life of me I can't think of the name of
it. It ran off the main engine to give you 120v power while you were
underway. It may have been a high output DC alternator coupled with an
inverter to give you sable power at varying RPMs. Or you may have had
to run at a consistant RPM. I just can't recall the details.