Steve

Default Mail Handling and Cruising

I have been playing around with electronic bill payment systems for about
4-5 years. Trying different methods while I'm still at or near my home base.

About the only bills I can't set up for automatic payment are the utility
and cell phone bill.. I suspect if I needed to, I could have them
automatically charged to my credit card but I don't want them to have my
account number..

Otherwise I use eBill Pay through the USPS. Has worked very well for me for
that past 4 years. I can log into the site from anywhere that I have
Internet access and adjust any payment schedule.. I have found the USPS
service is better than most banks and credit unions because the money isn't
deducted from my bank account until the draft or electronic payment is
executed. Most banks want to deduct the money 10 days before the scheduled
payment due date. If there is a vendor/service that can't recieve elex
payments, then the USPS sends them a draft/money order instrument. I don't
remember the exact amount it cost per payment, but I think I am on a fixed
fee of about $5-6 a month for a half dozen payments.

I have never had any problem with this system and plan to use it while
cruising.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve