Soren Soren is offline

Default Denmark and Nato..

NATO and Denmark...

Yesterday the political life of Denmark made new hights!
We have a new Prime Minister, Lars Løkke Rasmussen. We didn't vote for
him- but behind the publics back, our former PM Anders Fogh Rasmussen
has been applying for the job as General Secretary of NATO. And as the
the first dane he actually made it- even though Turkey didn't approve.
Some lobbyists have been working hard.
Denmark has not been pertically popular in the Islamic countries since
the "Mohammed cartoon affair" back in 2006. And to be honest, I can
understand why!
Of course we must be caucious making fun of the Islamic profet.
But in Denmark and most of the western countries we have fought for
freedom of speech for decades, and we can make fun of everything-
thats a part of our culture. But still the way it was hadled by our
foreign ministry of affairs, was really bad, and payed the price.
Hopefully the new announcement of Anders fogh Rasmusen can help grow
our reputation in the islamic countries from now on.

When it comes to the fact that we now have a new Prime Minister, that
aren't elected, I suggest a new election soon. Denmark has been
suffering from right wing strategies for more than 7 years, and we
need change to put an end to bad diplomacy, racism and the fact that
Denmark is becoming more and more isolated and afraid of change!

We are such a small country and I cannot believe why we are alomst
closing our borders in some ways- instead of being openminded and
friendly?!

I don't want to be a paranoid dane looked upon as a racist. I like to
be proud of who I am, where I come from and I will always be more than
happy to welcome people from all over the world to Denmark