Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default Engine driven AC generator

Sperry Marine made a rig for lobstermen. It consisted of a 6 KW Onan 2 pole
alternator driven by a fixed dispacement Sperry Vickers hydraulic gear
motor. The system used a variable displacement Sperry Vickers hydraulic pump
which was driven off the main engine. The pump output volume is flow
controlled to deliver 60 Hz at speeds between 1100 & 4400 RPM. The generator
assembly can be mounted anywhere in the boat and is quite small. The return
oil flows through a oil cooler which you must connect to your raw water
circuit. I have one I bought new for $3,000 years ago and I have seen one
for sale on eBay, but I have no idea about current availability. The unit
will hold frequency to +- 3 Hz.
Steve

"Capt.Bill" wrote in message
There is/was a company that makes a AC generator that runs off your
main engine. But for the life of me I can't find or remember who they
are. Anybody know?

Thanks, Capt. Bill