Capt.Bill Capt.Bill is offline

Default Engine driven AC generator

On Apr 6, 7:37*pm, Larry wrote:
"Capt.Bill" wrote in news:7101b586-0d9e-4cfa-
:

There is/was a company that makes a AC generator that runs off your
main engine. But for the life of me I can't find or remember who they
are. Anybody know?

Thanks, Capt. Bill

Harbor Freight has a 10KW monster with electronic voltage regulation that
will run off any mover for around $299 or $399. *It's beautifully made by
the Chinese, of course. *The diameter of it is about the same as a charging
alternator, but it's about 24" long with a voltmeter and two outlets on the
back, properly circuit breakered.

Shouldn't be hard to mount. *It needs to turn 3600 RPM but pulley selection
can get it close to 60 Hz....probably close enough to operate most anything
at cruising speed.

Thanks Larry. More power than the guy needs and I was looking for a
more ready to go marine system.

There was one out there. Just can't seem to find it.