Jack Rye

Default I need DC and AC power source .

If you are really seriously considering using 120V appliances on your boat
then you might want to consider a small portable generator like the Honda
EU2000i. 2000 watts 60Hz and a DC Output of 8.3 amps at 12V. It only
weights 47 lbs 20Lx11Wx16H. It can be fastened on the swim platform for
all the 120 power your going to need. 1 gal. of gas will run it for 4 hours.
Of course you need to be careful that you don't die from carbon monoxide
poisoning. But you will be able to power all your 120V appliances and run
any type of air-conditioner.

Jack
"Jack Rye" .# wrote in message
The only air-conditioner I know of for a small boat like your Bayliner

that
will work and not consume tons of batteries is a product by INNOVA TECH

that
uses ice for the cooling. It consumes 1.6-3.3 Amps 12V for 6500 BTU of
cooling power. combine that with the new extreme coolers and you have

enough
ice for 5-7 days of Cool and dehumidify conditioned air.

Jack

"John Tretick" wrote in message
Hello Group,
+
I have a 24" Bayliner Cierra 2001 and I am interested in using AC when

not
at port. No place to install a generator, so I'm thinking an invertor

with
a batterstore. Possibly increasing my batteries to 3 and wiring in GFI
circiut to power mixers, inflators , hairdriers, etc.. when I'm

anchored.
Northern tools sells a sealed Marine invertor for 399 its 3000/1500W

which
works for my purposes.. doubt it would run the AC..
but I guess I'd have to get a larger on for that..

Has anyone installed this redundant power source defore? I'm curious

how
long you can run on it without depleting one battery..
Actually thinking about installing a third battery for this purpose.

Thaks,

John