posted to alt.sailing
Ken T. Ken T. is offline

Default NADA boat prices

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:39:02 -0700, richard cortese wrote:

Anyway, my suggestion if you are looking for a bargain would be to
contact marinas and ask if they have any lien sales coming up. A lot of
the boats are really rough but you will be getting 50-90% off. The
marinas will ask you to leave, not politely, to eliminate the
possibility of the old owner showing up and causing a scene. You will
give most of the money you saved back to things like a haul out, marine
survey, and moving the boat but you can come out ahead if you pick
right.

Maybe I'll give this a shot. I ran into this problem before when trying
to price out marina's in the area. How does one find the numbers for
marinas within a couple hundred miles? Is there a marina listing
somewhere that is relatively complete?

When I was looking for this before I really had no luck.

Thanks for the info!

--
Ken T.
http://www.electricsenator.net

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be
infringed. -- The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution