Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Atkins & Hoyle Ltd.

Geoff Schultz wrote:
jeff wrote in :

Ben Atkins wrote:
Hello Everybody,

My name is Benjamin Atkins and I represent Atkins & Hoyle Ltd. ...

snip inappropriate commercial content

Some years ago I had an extremely negative experience with them, to the
point of specifying on my new boat that I would not accept it if it had
any Atkins & Hoyle gear.

It does not surprise me that they now show a total disregard of the
non-commercial status of this group.

While I won't disagree about the matter of commercial posts to this group,
I've had 2 sets of A&H davits on my boat and find them extremely robust.
My first set was undersized and I replaced them with heavier duty ones. I
haven't seen any others that I'd recommend and would install them again in
a heartbeat.

We've had this discussion befo I purchased a set of davits, and one
failed within a few weeks, before I had left the slip. Although only
one tube was bent, they insisted that it had to be replaced, and since
it was impossible that it was their fault, I had to pay $280, almost
half the cost of the set of davits. Having few options, I paid, but
when I explained my displeasure at a subsequent boat show, the salesman
laughed at me, like I had been a fool for doing business with them. I
had to agree.

BTW, the replacement davit lasted for the several years I had the boat,
in much rougher conditions than it would have had in the slip, so I'm
convinced that there was a flaw in the original part, and I was
essentially ripped off for the replacement part. Even if it had somehow
been my fault, that fact that they made more money on the replacement
than the original sale puts them at the top of my "Never Deal With This
Company Again" list.