Rosalie B.

Default ICW and Dry Tortugas

x-no-archive:yes
(Roy G. Biv) wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote in message news:...

My husband came back from the marina and said the guy who used to be
across the dock from us told him that

b) that no one is allowed to anchor in the Dry Tortugas
anymore.

somebody says something that somebody heard that somebody repeated and
the next thing you know nobody is allowed to anchor in the Dry
Tortugas anymore !

Yes I know - and I'm pretty sure this guy hasn't been out of the
Chesapeake. I know my SIL anchored there last spring and they also
did some fishing. They came back because one of the guys got a
fish-hook in his leg and they didn't want to deal with that.

I finally went to the National Park website and looked to see what it
said. It said no CAMPING until further notice, and there is now an
admission fee of $5.00/person and basically that there was no
overnight anchoring except in some designated place, which I hadn't
looked up on the chart. I guess that's the normal anchorage south of
the fort.

I think the true context has been lost, but in a nutshell there are a
few teensy-tiny grains of truth,

there is no anchoring in the reserves as described he

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/cruising...tugas2001.html

in addition vessels Staying overnight are required to anchor within 1
mile of Garden Key...(no anchoring off Loggerhead for the night.)

grandma Rosalie