LaBomba182

Default ICW and Dry Tortugas

Subject: ICW and Dry Tortugas
From: Rosalie B.

My husband came back from the marina and said the guy who used to be
across the dock from us told him that a) the ICW has shoaled so that
you can't use it anymore, particularly in GA and thus not from the
hurricane and b) that no one is allowed to anchor in the Dry Tortugas
anymore. I'm pretty sure my SIL went down there fairly recently.

I have read that they are clearing out the ICW around the Dismal Swamp area.
Don't recall the time frame. I would call the Army Corps if I was you. And you
can still anchor in the Try Tortugas. But only in designated areas.

I've suggested instead Port Royal to St.

Simons, which from marina to
marina is about 110 nm. and I think we could do that starting during
one day and arriving the next day.

I like your plan. :-)

Capt. Bill