Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Dismanteling a Johnson F7B-903 impeller cooling pump

"Len" wrote in message
I hope I'll be able 1) to move the shaft 1mm up or down so
the surface in contact with the seal will be "new" and therefore
undamaged
or 2) ask a machineshop to remove a tiny bit on the spot where the
seal-
ring touches, afterwards polish it to a stunning shine....

I am looking forward to the several years of use without leaking like
you mentioned....

Thanks for your time.
Len.
on board s/v Present
At the moment in Carriacou

If you do that it will be slightly undersize and therefore slack in the seal
and therefore likely to still leak.
You could do as you say and then have it plated oover with hard chrome and
reground to correct size but that will probably cost as much as a new shaft.