posted to rec.boats.electronics
Meindert Sprang Meindert Sprang is offline

Default ICOM M802 and SCS TRXPTC?

"Larry" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in
:

Having successfully installed one in an M802 I would like to know if
anyone here has one or a Bluetooth SCS modem. Seems the Bluetooth
range is short. Works great if you are close enough.

Dave

Bluetooth range standard is 10 meters, but it's on 2400 Mhz so almost
anything blocks the signal, including your body which is unfortunate.

Class 1 bluetooth range is 100 meters. And I get very good reports of people
using a MiniPlex-BT, a bluetooth enabled NMEA multiplexer. Even when sitting
on an outrigger of a tri, the datalink to the centre hull is solid.

Meindert