Canuck57[_6_] Canuck57[_6_] is offline

Default Latest on GM unheavals...

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...

Damned company ought to be delisted. It is worthless.

Weren't you in favor of keeping them alive not long ago in the best
interests of the union workers who would become otherwise unemployed,
not to speak of certain loss of retirement benefits?

I keep repeating myself. Chapter 11 is the way to go. It would allow
renegotiation of *all* contracts including debt, suppliers and union
under the guidance of a federal bankruptcy court to ensure fairness.

It also appears that the White House is finally coming around to the
same conclusion.

Eisboch

Delisting is not the same as killing.

Oh...and the unions already offered up tremendous concessions.

GM needs massive restructuring with an entirely new management team. The
corporate bozos in there now need to go.

Assuming GM is to continue as a going concern, what possible benefit is
there to delisting?
It's too bloated to be a private corporation ..... look at Chrysler.
Chrysler is a fraction of the size of GM and, as a privately held
corporation, is the most unlikely to survive. Chrysler's death spiral
started over a decade ago.

Someone made the quip recently that GM is really a health care company
that builds cars in an attempt to support itself. All the existing
contracts with everybody they do business with, including the unions,
need to be torn up and renegotiated

I'm all in favor of a national health care plan for auto workers.

I am too, start by taking the cold dose of reality without whining. If you
feal the need to whine, get a job outside of auto.

Hell, you think this economic mess is a auto mess, when in fact they are a
very small part of the huge problem. And no one is bailing out everyone
else.

The whiny gripers need to pucker up and get a grip....