HK HK is offline

Default Latest on GM unheavals...

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...
Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...

Damned company ought to be delisted. It is worthless.

Weren't you in favor of keeping them alive not long ago in the best
interests of the union workers who would become otherwise unemployed,
not to speak of certain loss of retirement benefits?

I keep repeating myself. Chapter 11 is the way to go. It would
allow renegotiation of *all* contracts including debt, suppliers and
union under the guidance of a federal bankruptcy court to ensure
fairness.

It also appears that the White House is finally coming around to the
same conclusion.

Eisboch

Delisting is not the same as killing.

Oh...and the unions already offered up tremendous concessions.

GM needs massive restructuring with an entirely new management team.
The corporate bozos in there now need to go.

Assuming GM is to continue as a going concern, what possible benefit is
there to delisting?
It's too bloated to be a private corporation ..... look at Chrysler.
Chrysler is a fraction of the size of GM and, as a privately held
corporation, is the most unlikely to survive. Chrysler's death spiral
started over a decade ago.

Someone made the quip recently that GM is really a health care company
that builds cars in an attempt to support itself. All the existing
contracts with everybody they do business with, including the unions,
need to be torn up and renegotiated

I'm all in favor of a national health care plan for auto workers.