L. M. Rappaport

Default Dinghy registration

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:28:09 GMT, WaIIy
wrote (with possible editing):

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:19:14 GMT, L. M. Rappaport
wrote:

You didn't mention the Patriot Act.

Which you didn't read and have no real comprehension of.

Really? You can read my mind now, can you? Well, the bill is around
350 pages, and I'm not an attorney, but since you've stated that I
don't understand it, perhaps you can explain to my simple mind how
justice is served by:

1. FBI and CIA can now wiretap telephones and data lines
without court oversight? Further, the entire concept of "probable
cause" has been eliminated from FBI/CIA criteria, has it not?

2. ISP's now required to hand over client's information
including financial information, length of online sessions,
temporarily assigned IP addresses, et al. Sounds a lot like it was
written by George Orwell to me.

3. New broad definitions of terrorism which allow US foreign
intelligence agencies such as CIA/USIA/DIA to spy on citizens - these
were changes to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, one of the
15 laws changed by the Patriot Act. Somehow that's good, right?

etc.

I suppose I also have no comprehension of the Constitution, because
all that Federalist Papers stuff was just jingoist propaganda by a
bunch of n'er-do-well spies wanting to separate from England.

Well, the entire text is at
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/usa....al.102401.html
among other places, but, of course, I couldn't have read it...

--

Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com