posted to rec.boats.electronics
Auspicious Auspicious is offline

Default webasto failure

On Mar 28, 3:54*pm, Manlio wrote:
My Webasto Airtop 3500, failed to startup, and gave one single flash
on error code. My idea is that could be a fuel problem and I am going
to replace the in linea fuel filter, but I would like to hear if any
other suggestion could come from anyone of the forum.

Hullo Manlio,

The Webasto doesn't like to run just ticking over. Carbon builds up in
the fire chamber and then the exhaust. Ultimately the unit won't
start. I've had mine rebuilt once already and am going to have to do
it again this Spring.

Sometimes the ignitor needs to be replaced at the same time.

Webasto is apparently aware of the issue and has a modification that
keeps the fan running on high whenever the burner is one, instead of
stepping back to lower speeds.

Some Webasto owners over here have finally ripped out their units and
replaced them with Espars. Performance is better, but not problem-
free. It's a problem.

sail fast, dave
S/V Auspicious